The Tax Accounting and Compliance team with the Corporate Controller – Finance is seeking a Corporate Tax Senior to join the team.
The Tax Accounting and Compliance team is responsible for income tax accounting (ASC740) and related disclosure, the filing of various corporate tax returns, performing tax sensitive scenario and data analysis, and managing tax controversy matters.
This position has various responsibilities, including income tax accounting, tax compliance, and collaborating with both finance and non-finance professionals across multiple business units, providing tax and other accounting support for business decisions. The right candidate will be a self-motivated professional with a passion for tax accounting, tax compliance, and tax analysis. Working with MS Office (particularly Excel), accounting software, tax software, and internet technologies is second nature to you. Primary areas of focus are as follows:
Tax Compliance and Income Tax Accounting (ASC740)
- Applying ASC 740 – Accounting for income taxes in the preparation and analysis of the quarterly and annual effective tax rate, deferred taxes, tax related balance sheet reconciliations, provision to return, and tax footnotes
- Preparing or reviewing calculations and schedules to support the determination of various tax payments and the filing of various tax returns, including Freddie Mac’s federal income tax return
Tax Data Analysis and Reporting
- Working closely with other members of the tax team or business area accounting partners to gather information to support the determination of tax advantaged accounting methods, the resolution of tax controversies, or the determination of tax systems requirements
- 6+ years of experience and background in ASC740 Accounting for income tax and tax compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Proficiency in Alteryx highly desired, Microsoft Excel, including advanced functions and features and familiarity with tax compliance software
- Executing and reviewing deliverables in an organized manner within required timeframe
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Ability to execute/manage projects by developing an impactful work plan with limited supervision
- Strong analytic skills and data management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to understand the details and effectively share with supervisor in a clear and concise manner
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build effective relationships
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.