You will serve as a Senior Accounting and Finance Leader in the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Financial Management and Comptroller).
Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as the senior civilian advisor for the Department of Navy (DON) on accounting, financial management and management control matters toward streamlined programs;
- You will serve in matters related to Government Accountability Office (GAO)/Department of Defense Inspector General (DODIG), Naval Audit Service (NAVAUDSVC), Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) and Treasury Department.
- You will ensure finance and accounting operations establish consistent internal policies and procedures by developing, recommending, approving and monitoring accounting approaches and ensure that they are in compliance with accounting standards.
- You will guide standardization efforts to improve the accuracy and reliability at a low cost while supporting the DON commitment to financial statement audit remediation.
- You will be responsible for