Senior Accountant – CPA Required
Its not just a job. Its a mission. If youre as passionate as we are about empowering the small businesses of America, then youll be right at home with us.
Rapid Finance is the nation’s leading provider of alternative financing solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. When traditional sources of funding are beyond reach, we open doors for business owners, providing access to the working capital that they need. With Rapid Finance, growing businesses can achieve their goals and reach even higher.
Our company is expanding into the future, and growing rapidly. We are aggressively investing in our people and technology as we aim to create a best-in-class experience for our clients. Let us invest in YOU!
Rapid Finance is ranked nationally and in Washington Posts Top Work Places 2020!
About the Job
Rapid Finance is looking for a diligent Senior Accountant with outstanding communication, critical thinking and analytical skills to join our accounting team. The Senior Accountant’s responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with close processes, and playing a key role in external audits. You will also be assisting the Accounting Manager as needed in the day-to-day accounting operations and respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes. If you are a smart, curious, self-motivated professional with a passion for making a difference, Rapid Finance is the employer for you.
To be successful as a Senior Accountant , you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
This position will be located in our home office in Bethesda, MD, but is currently remote until we return to the office.
What we will do together?
- Prepare, maintain and post intricate journal entries (daily, monthly, adjusting, and recurring).
- Assume a critical role in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including preparation of elimination entries, monthly financial statements and the requisite financial analysis.
- Perform general ledger accounts analysis, reconciliations and roll-forwards, including finance and SAAS receivables, loan balances and reserves, fixed assets, capitalized labor costs, deferred revenue, prepaid expenses and equity accounts.
- Monitor and develop internal controls, systems and procedures as appropriate for defined responsibilities.
- Perform GAAP research and draft technical accounting memos.
- Analyze and compile financial data for quarter- and year-end accounting and audit/tax schedules.
- Exercise accuracy in calculating and reconciling numbers from different data sources; periodically test reports to improve operations and for compliance .
- Respond to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Manage daily operational accounting processes including the processing and reconciliation of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivables, ensuring that they are accurately recorded in the system.as assigned.
- Research and resolve legacy and new reconciliation differences between general ledger and source systems.
- Assist with key corporate projects such as system upgrades, process automations and support user testing and documentation of workflows associated with systems implementation.
- Assist in any other tasks assigned.
- 4+ years of relevant a ccounting experience; financial services, FinTech, or start-up experience is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in accounting. CPA required.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP principles and concepts; proven ability to apply US GAAP on the job.
- Experience with factoring, loan accounting, or securitization accounting is an added advantage.
- Ability to navigate through complexity and to effectively address issues in collaboration with others.
- Able to work comfortably under pressure and meet tight deadlines; comfortable prioritizing multiple work streams across daily responsibilities and long-term projects.
- Have a collaborative work ethic and value-add mentality.
- Have an “exceed expectations” attitude and take on ownership from start to finish of tasks/projects
- Detail and accuracy required; must demonstrate error free work.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- Adept at spreadsheet-based analysis and numbers-based problem solving, including the ability to synthesize financial data into accurate and clear presentations of information
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with emphasis on advanced Excel skills and Word.
- Experience using ERP accounting software, Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred
- Familiarity with accounting software integration is helpful
Why Rapid Finance?
If you are looking for a place where you can grow, work hard and have fun this is a GREAT opportunity to learn and be part of an exciting, fast-growing company where you will have the ability to see the big picture and help drive a lasting impact for the organization. We are looking for an energetic, ambitious, tech-savvy individual who is willing to roll up her/his sleeves to support the accounting function from end-to-end.
Rapid Finance seeks the best and brightest. To us, finding and keeping A-talent is as important as closing a million-dollar deal. Thats just one of the reasons why we have been so successful, growing at a high rate every year.
Our team benefits from a commuting or parking allowance, employer-matched 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more. Just steps from the metro, our beautiful new office includes a modern open floor plan, free on-site fitness center, a gaming area, stocked kitchen, and other cool amenities.
We invite you to learn more about our business , and join our conversation at @LifeAtRapid . Discover what a career with Rapid Finance can do for you. Visit us today at rapidfinance.com/careers .