Institute of Management Accountants president and CEO Jeff Thomson is predicting six megatrends in the finance and accounting profession this year.
- An increasing amount of automation;
- Remote work becoming the norm for finance teams;
- Environmental, social and governance reporting growing in importance;
- Finance professionals being held accountable for enterprise risk management;
- Diversity, equity and inclusion becoming more of a competitive differentiator, in addition to being the right thing to do; and,
- Increasing demand for upskilling and continuing education for professionals.
Many of the trends are ones seen in years past, but are likely to grow in importance this year as organizations deal with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and face challenges in implementing technology and responding to demands for a diverse workforce and the threats posed by climate change, he explained.
Courtesy of the IMA
“Organizations and their CFOs have