Freddie Mac’s Finance division is currently seeking a Financial Controller Professional to be part of the IT Finance Fixed Assets Accounting Group! The IT Finance Fixed Assets Accounting Group is responsible for the provision of timely, accurate and reliable financial information. This also includes preparation of the profit & loss, balance sheet accounts and other financial reports. This group works with the Financial Controller to produce financial information for inclusion in board reports, news releases, and public financial reporting. Other responsibilities may include the preparation and posting of general ledger journals, posting of accruals, leading and controlling the fixed assets accounts and capital expenditure. The candidate will also be responsible for executing daily controls and works under limited direction Independently and develops approach to solutions.
**This position can be performed currently from a remote location in the U.S. but will require presence in a Freddie Mac office in the future.***
- Execute control checks to ensure the accurate data moves between various data sources for all Fixed Asset and Project Accounting transactions.
- Run monthly close activities by preparing and posting of general ledger journals, posting of accruals, managing and controlling the fixed assets accounts/transaction and capital expenditures.
- Assist and support ongoing SOX/Non-SOX compliance activities.
- Support Internal/External Auditor requests and concerns
- Design test plans and participate in the UAT for the implementation of future upgrades and improvement for the Asset Management system used.
- Interact with IT Finance controllers and division controllers in all accounting transaction related to project and fixed accounting requests/transaction.
- Assist Senior staff to solve system or data issues in a clear and timely manner
- Typically has minimum 3-6 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Showed strength in MS Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word. PeopleSoft
- Previous accounting experience and/or knowledge in GAAP
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Progress towards CPA, or related certifications
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in support of team needs; flexible
- Knowledge of fixed asset accounting
- Self-starter/entrepreneurial thinker: proven ambition to tackle new roles with increasing responsibility with limited guidance and direction from management
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.