Principal Associate , Global Finance Business Analyst
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Global Finance supports all of Capital One’s worldwide financial activities, including corporate-level financial reporting, internal control, intercompany and tax activities. Within Global Finance, the Treasury Accounting team is selectively recruiting a high energy, forward-thinking Business Analyst to assist with transforming the next generation of our data ecosystem to enable transparent, timely, well-controlled, and cost-effective analytical solutions.
We are seeking a candidate that has a deep focus on improving our associates’ experience through our technology journey. As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for reviewing existing manual processes, managing customer expectations, seeking opportunities for enhancements, and providing excellent production support. As a member of a high-functioning agile team, you will work with a dedicated group of talented analysts and developers to bring On Demand Finance to life!
Promote a modern approach to technology, cultivate innovation across Treasury Accounting and the wider organization to align with our real time finance vision.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand customer needs, and help drive automation objectives and key results.
- Participate in automation, product design and implementation which includes review of business process and data flows, understanding of data transformation logic, evaluation of output requirements.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams, write specifications and requirements for automation of manual accounting processes, perform testing and troubleshooting when necessary
- Suggest changes to management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes, documenting conclusions in standard operating procedures.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Develop and nurture exceptional relationships with various stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in data analytics
- At least 1 year of experience with SQL or Python
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile product management
- At least 1 year of experience in Corporate Finance, or in Capital Markets Products or in Financial Products
- At least 1 year of experience with Scrum or Scaled Agile Framework
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.