Finance Rotation Program Associate – 2022
We’re seeking innovative, passionate associates with a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds who want to be change agents on our journey to transform our customers’ and clients’ relationship with money and finances. Finance at Capital One is a collaborative environment where every voice matters. From Day 1, we encourage our associates to be curious, ask questions and to be self-starters.
Established in 2005, the Finance Rotation Program is Capital One’s longest standing development program. Over those 15 years, we have built a robust experience for exceptional college graduates to launch an exciting, challenging career and to develop into future Finance leaders.
During this two year program, you will gain a wealth of experience through two distinct roles. You will be actively involved in financial management, business strategy and execution, as well as the transformation of finance through technology and innovation.
You’ll hone your analytical, communication, and technical skills through training targeted to develop the key success factors of a Financial Analyst at Capital One. You’ll also receive ongoing mentoring and development advising from seasoned leaders who will be there to help you excel in your career.
Rotation locations include our expanding headquarters in McLean, VA and our campus in Richmond, VA. Candidates should be open to roles in both locations.
As a member of our Finance Rotation Program, you will have the opportunity to:
Learn how Finance and Accounting play a critical role in our business
- Develop financial forecasts and analyze key performance metrics in order to provide meaningful insight into business trends
- Play a key role in evolving product and strategy decisions by partnering closely with business leaders and enterprise service organizations
- Build influencing skills through partnership with key stakeholders and leadership that often look to you for a recommendation as the subject matter expert
- Consolidate business segment performance and impact external financial reporting
- Oversee accurate and timely management, regulatory and U.S. GAAP basis reports, schedules and documentation
Challenge the way we work with Technology
- Continually evaluate new ways of working through experimentation and leveraging new technologies
- Develop proficiency in financial modeling, data and reporting automation, as well as data visualization tools
- Embrace a self-paced learning journey with Capital One’s robust training offerings as well as our directed technical learning as part of the program
Build a breadth of experience and a diverse network
- Forge meaningful relationships with both leadership and peers across all areas of Capital One
- Openness to working in different Capital One office locations
- Accrue a diverse skill set from the program itself as well as from the people you meet along the way
- Engage in a number of extracurricular activities and resource groups available to you that impact both our culture and community
The Ideal Candidate Would Have:
- A demonstrated interest in financial management, technology aptitude and digital learning
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- Desire for continuous learning as well as diverse experiences and locations
- Bachelor’s degree or higher obtained between December 2020 and August 2022
- Bachelor’s degree or higher obtained between December 2020 and August 2022 in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting, Engineering, or relevant major
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).